The main purpose of the workshop is to arrange discussions on using a socio-technical perspective in IS development, the long term goal being to make this workshop a meeting place for the community of IS researchers and practitioners interested in the socio-technical approach.
Following the purpose, only part of the workshop is devoted to presentations, the rest is designated for collaborative work. This year we will be working on a real case from the industry to be prepared by our local chairs.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Case studies using socio-technical approach
- Information system design using socio-technical approach
- Socio-technical comparative studies of technology/IS adoption
- Socio-technical analysis, design, development and integration of
– health care systems
– crisis management systems
– information security management systems
– learning systems
– privacy enhanced technology
- Societal Security from a socio-technical perspective
- Ethnographic and Anthropological aspects of IS design and adoption
- IT business alignment from a socio-technical perspective
- Using Viable System Model (VSM) for analysis and design of socio-technical systems